I did it.
Another Fashion Challenge from Alison at Get Your Pretty On.
It started with this lovely new Trench Coat…
…then I received the official shopping list and nabbed some mint jeans, a striped dress, mint cardigan, white jeans, various neutral tops, and some more!
As part of the secret facebook group, you can share what you are wearing each day online and see how other women put the same outfit together. I LOVE the facebook group for ideas!
I had a great time putting together the various outfits. It was nice to feel “put together” without having to think a lot about it. Many of the items I purchased have become staples in my closet now. The long gold necklace is probably a favorite!
Three friends joined me this time and they all had great experiences, even 1 as a non-shopper!
Today, I signed up for the Summer Challenge! I find that these are the clothes and outfits that become my “go-to” favorites, so it makes sense for me.
If you find yourself in a fashion rut or just no time to think about “what to wear”, then give it a try!
MORE DETAILS EDITED FROM A PREVIOUS POST (Fall 2014 challenge)
2. Pay for your challenge. The early bird fee is $29.99 for most of them. The late fee is $39.99, so sign up soon!
3. Download and print a shopping list. Included with your challenge is a list of items you will need in your closet. These items will be used to complete 21 days of outfits. Some of the items you will own and others you will need to purchase. Alison includes links to regular and plus size options for all items AND lists the colors she will be using.
The best part is that you can choose a color scheme that works for you. After all, you want to WEAR these clothes, right?
4. Go shopping! Hit the mall, Wal-mart, TJ-Maxx, or shop at home online!
5. Receive your outfits via email each evening. At 7 PM exactly, you will receive the outfit for the next day. You can substitute items as needed and even skip outfits if they just aren’t you. (though I found the fun was in trying some new things)
6. Join the secret Facebook group. It was so much fun to hear where folks were finding good deals and what color schemes people found while shopping. Once the challenge began, everyone was able to post their outfits each day and I truly enjoyed seeing each person’s interpretation. Best of all, it was REAL women, so all sizes (0-20) and all ages (18-70) were on there. I loved it! Some moms even participated with their teen daughters!
7. Take goofy or serious selfies. Ok, so this step is totally optional…
(I have enjoyed my participation in both fashion challenges – fall and spring. The links to the challenges are affiliate links and I will receive a commission if you participate in a challenge through my link. This costs nothing extra to you and helps me keep other content on this blog free.)